Bestellen bei Buecher.de! Preis: 19,95 €
Bestellen bei Amazon.de! Neu ab 5,63 €, gebraucht ab 9,39 €.
Puzzles for Programmers and Pros
Solving puzzles demands a mindset that starts with a vulnerable openness followed by a rigorous drive to find a solution. Whether you're preparing for a programming job interview or just like a challenge, this book takes you on a tour of problem-solving techniques so you can dramatically improve your skills. You'll learn how to conquer simple elimination puzzles like Sudoku and how to apply heuristic techniques to far more complex problems.
Dr. Shasha provides you with the tools to solve several classes of puzzles by handand computer. These include scheduling,strategic, geometric, and probabilistic puzzles. You'll also find a mystery involving codes, bank accounts, and geography that you can solve for the chance to win a prize. The approaches and techniques in this book will help you solve the kind of application puzzles the real world may throw at you.
What you will learn from this book
- How to expand your puzzle-solving abilities and tackle new challenges
- Proven steps that will help you quickly progress from basic puzzles to a more advanced level
- How to prepare for various types of puzzles presented during a programming interview
- Techniques for determining the best solution to a puzzle
- Methods for solving puzzles using decryption and combinatorics
Who this book is for
This book is for programmers who need to brush up on their puzzle-solving skills as they prepare for the programming job interview. It is also for anyone who love puzzles and challenges.
Wrox guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think, providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.